This autumn begins a new cycle of The Catalan Shakespeare Society. We will also have the collaboration of the Institute of Medieval Studies of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. This is an excellent opportunity to enjoy outside the academic environment the knowledge of renowned experts in literature.
The cycle, which opens November 29 and continues once a month from January, will link a selection of works of Shakespeare with literary and cultural themes of that time, to better understand the context and enjoy the plays more and better.
- November 29 - presentation of the course by The Catalan Shakespeare Society and the Institute of Medieval Studies - UAB: Shakespeare and music, by Antonio Contreras Martín and Joan Curbet
With the company of Mireia Latorre (soprano) and Peter Krivda (viola da gamba)
- January 10 - Love's Labour's Lost: will and love by Carme Font and Antonio Contreras Martin
- February 14 – The Winter’s Tale - The world of the stars and humans by Carme Font
- March 14 – Cymbeline -The being or the resemblance to Antonio Contreras Martín
- April 11 – The Merchant of Venice - Identity and discrimination by Josep Maria Oroval
- May 9 - Enric VIII - Love and reason for status by Joan Curbet
- June 13 - Hamlet - The ambition and fear of Antonio Contreras Martín and Joan Curbet
Schedule: from 7.30 pm to 9 p.m.
Place: Laie Pau Claris (Pau Claris 85, Sala Picasso)
Price seminar: 120 €
(10% discount presenting the Laie customer card | 5% discount presenting the card of the Barcelona Libraries | 15% discount for students and unemployed - presenting accreditation)
Information and registrations_ email@example.com | subject: Shakespeare Seminar | Tel. 93 412 68 32 ext. 161